Boards used to play a pivotal role in the making of historic Tanjore arts and paintings as they are the primary holder and the backbone of Tanjore paintings in projecting them in an elite way. We deliver top quality Tanjore paintings and Tanjore arts that resemble our rich cultural heritage.
Creating Tanjore Painting Board
- The concerned board on which the painting is to be incorporated must have mandatory basic features like water-proof and fungus-proof, and it must be at a thickness of 6mm minimum. It would be better if the board is of plywood type.
- When it comes to physical properties of the plywood board precised focus in deployed in assessing its original properties, the board needs to have a cut-leaving 1.5 inches in all the edges of the framework. The size of the board must be 10*12 and 11 1/2* 13 1/2.
- Take around 120 emery papers and use them well by rubbing on the edges and front-side of the board.
- Cover the board with marking cloth (cotton) on all the sides by leaving at least 1.5 to 2 inches of space.
- Now we need to create the mixture paste by using an equal proportion of Fevicol MR and water mixed in a bowl.
- Now take the cotton cloth and dip it over the fevicol-water mixture and gently squeeze them before applying on one side of the plywood board. Cover both the length and breadth of the board’s side completely with the cloth.
- Apply Fevicol in all the corners on a reverse basis to intact the cotton cloth used on the board.
- Again take a few more fevicol and add it with water and apply on the front portion of the plywood board.
- The mixture needs to get spreaded evenly and dry for a day.
- Now use an emery paper on the dried board to smoothen the surface.
- Add 1 cup of chalk powder with the mixture of fevicol and water at a ratio of 2:1:1
- Mix these three components using a 12 sized brush and rinse it properly in the vertical side twice and then repeat the process in the horizontal side as well.
- After preparing the dye smoothen the board with emery paper, glass bottleor and glass weight.
- Trace the design out by leaving minimal of 1” inch gap on all the sides and in all the verticals.
- Keep the yellow carbon as it is and tap the design above the board surface and now the board gets ready for painting.